Home Information Service AMOSUN PRESENTS N402.63 BILLION FOR 2019 FISCAL YEAR

AMOSUN PRESENTS N402.63 BILLION FOR 2019 FISCAL YEAR

197
0
SHARE

The Ogun State Governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun has presented a sum of N402.63 billion to the honourable members of the State House of Assembly at the hallowed chamber for the year 2019 appropriation bill, which represents an increase of 17% compared to the 2018 budget.

The budget which was christened, “budget of enduring legacies”, has a sum of N254.055 billion allocated for capital expenditures, representing 63.1%, while the remaining N148.578 billion representing 36.9% is for recurrent expenditure.

Speaking during the presentation, Governor Amosun said the great emphasis laid on capital projects was due to the fact that his administration is still very much hungry for development, with an assurance of working till the very last day in office.

He noted that the budget was to be allocated to the five cardinal programmes which are; Affordable Qualitative Education to take N88.579 billion (22%), Efficient Healthcare Delivery, N22.547 billion (5.60%), Agricultural Production that will lead to massive Industrialisation to gulp N20.131 billion (5%).

Others according to the Governor include; Affordable Housing and Urban Renewal, taking N53.147 billion (13.2%), Rural and Infrastructural Development and Employment Generation, N82.539 billion (20.5%), with other sectors budgeted to gulp the remaining N135.687 (33.7%)

Speaking on government’s plan to finance the budget, the Governor said N161.24 billion will be from Internally Generated Revenue, N42 billion from the Federal allocation purse, N101.388 billion from capital receipts and N80 billion from other receipts.

While reviewing the 2018 budget performance, the helmsman disclosed that his government has attracted almost 700 companies, developed the state in the areas of security, infrastructure, and ease of doing business amongst others.

According to the Governor, his administration has began to intensify efforts towards the completion of all ongoing projects in the State within the six months remaining of his government, highlighting some of the projects to include the new Ogere International market, 250 bedded Modern Hospital, Digital Ogun State Television Studio, Ultramodern Judicial Complex, Central Business District known as City Centre, flyovers and road constructions spread across the State.

In his words, “we’ll construct 150km rural roads, we’ll strengthen the support already given to the security agencies, we’ll provide mini power grid for communities that have shown interest, we’ll continue to extend necessary support to our local government areas for their successes, and we’ll be showcasing all our cultural and human giants in the State”.

Earlier in his welcome address, the Speaker, Ogun State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Suraju Ishola Adekunmbi said the Assembly has been able to conduct it’s legislative business till date without rancour or disharmony amongst members, despite the heterogeneous nature of political party representation, adding that the Assembly in the outgoing year has been able to pass 21 bills.

The Speaker while thanking the Governor for his unprecedented moral and financial support to the legislature, appealed to the Governor to consider the implementation of the autonomy Act for the legislative and judiciary arms of government, to further strengthen democracy, assuring that the House will work on the quick passage of the appropriation bill.

In attendance at the presentation include; Minister for Communication, Alhaji Adebayo Shittu, Secretary to the State government, Barr. Taiwo Adeoluwa, Chief of Staff to the Governor, Chief Tolu Odebiyi, the Accountancy Doyen, Pa. Akintola Williams, member representing Ipokia Federal constituency, Hon. Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade, retired Heads of Service, elder statesmen, Royal Fathers and Commissioners and other top Government functionaries.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here